Marlboro GunZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marlboro GunZ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterMGunZLog in
Donation

5€
BUY NOW!

10€
BUY NOW!

Latest topics
» [Dev] Freeware's ( Wvtja's ) Application
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) Emptyby Galaxy Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:17 pm

» [Release] Impossible Chest
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) Emptyby wvtja Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:40 pm

» [Release] Wii controler sword.
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) Emptyby wvtja Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:39 pm

» [Release] Lightsaber.
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) Emptyby wvtja Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:01 pm

» Duelmap v1
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) Emptyby wvtja Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:55 pm

» OneBip and Paypal is open!!!
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) Emptyby guztaw77 Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:08 pm

» GM application
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) Emptyby Galaxy Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:35 pm

» read this u galaxy
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) Emptyby Galaxy Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:29 pm

» gais application
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) Emptyby Galaxy Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:52 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 106 on Sun May 30, 2021 4:05 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Statistics
We have 58 registered users
The newest registered user is [s]killerZ

Our users have posted a total of 339 messages in 72 subjects

i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skillers
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skillers

Aantal berichten : 55
Leeftijd : 28

i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) Empty
PostSubject: i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2)   i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2) EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:49 pm

==================
This is technically a half step, but since it has none of the same physical attributes, I named this step the Rush Step.

A Rush-Step can only be performed one way. Jump - FORWARD DASH - Slash - Change - FORWARD DASH - Shoot

May not look like much, but here are some of the benefits:

-It looks like you are only dashing once, when you are really dashing twice. The distance of this is very great, so players will be easily confused when you jump from a while away and are at them in no time.

-Shotgun spread is decreased. Revolver accuracy is increased.

-Again, sets up inertia for you to keep moving with a hop. You can rush step past someone and hop and turn, and set up a combo from there.

-Decreases ground between the target.

==================
Fade Step (Down-Down)
==================
Fade step again is technically a half-step, but it has a good number of uses too.

A Fade-Step can only be performed one way. Jump - BACKWARD DASH - Slash - Change - BACKWARD DASH - Shoot

Benefits:

-Again, Looks like one dash. People will be confused.

-Decreases ground between your target at a fast rate. Reduces spray damage due to increased ground.

-AUGMENTS Shotgun spread, making your shot spread over a wider area at close range. This can actually be useful to hit a group of people / get lucky hits on someone.

==================
Extended Slash-Shot (Left-Left/Right-Right)
==================

This variate is just an extended dash to the left twice/right twice. Again, looks like one dash, and will confuse people.

==================

That wraps up the variates of the Half-Step. You can make other variates such as D/L, D/R, U/L, U/R. Every combo has some use =]

------------------
IV Part D: Equipment for K-Stylers
------------------
So, wondering about what equipment you should be carrying? There are many good combinations for K-Stylers, here are some below. I'm rating the combinations from 1 Star (*) up to 5 stars (*****) as I see it in my opinion.

Shotgun - Shotgun : The most common combination seen, and arguably the easiest to use, and most powerful. Shotguns do good damages at medium range, but when it comes to long-range fighting, you'll have to get closer to deal some damage. (*****)

Shotgun - Revolver : Another good combination. This gives you the ability to do damage at both long ranges and short ranges. (*****)

Revolver - Revolver : A tougher combination to use, since at closer ranges you will lose the ability for a spread hit and unconcentrated damage. Also, revolvers tend to be pretty accurate, and lag may become an issue on your accuracy. (***)

Shotgun - Rocket : Another good combination, although the rocket will not work at long ranges. (****)

Revolver - Rocket : Good damages at long range and short, although I'd prefer a shotty over a rocket anyday. (****)

Rocket - Rocket : A tough combination to use, but if used correctly can be very formidable. You lose any hope of damaging at long ranges, so any Rifle/Revolver users out there will tear Rocket/Rocket users up. (**)

Rifle - Shotgun : You now only have one "SS"-able weapon now, so you'll be going hybrid now. This is a very unexpected combo as most players don't expect a SG user to whip out a rifle at any given point. (****)

Rifle - Revolver : Meh. Another long-ranged base set, I'd prefer going Revolver/Revolver for the concentrated damages. (**)

------------------
IV Part E: Controls
------------------
Many newer and older K-Stylers are still trying to get in a comfortable stance on the keyboard to play K-Style. There is a right stance for every person, and it takes some time to get used to newer stances. There are 2 Basic Stances, If anyone has some that they would like me to add, please reply.

Default Stance - Using the games default controls. I use this, I've never had any problems. Many people say that reaching 1 2 and 3 is too hard for them, although I have to problems getting to them. Pinky on Shift, Thumb on Space, Ring for W A S 1, Middle for W S D 1 2 3, Pointer for W A S D 2 3 4 5.
Fingers in this stance will change roles on certain keys a lot, Example: During a Flash step my middle and ring go up to 2 and 1 respectively, while my pointer dashes on WASD.

QEF Stance - Changing 1,2 and 3 to Q, E, and F respectively. People with smaller hands will like this better than the Default Stance. This makes 4 and 5 hard to access, and makes slashmedding virtually useless.

------------------
IV Part F: Afterword
------------------

Yeah, you can now half-half and flash step combo like no other. But can you put all of the hard work and training to use in a real fight? Don't worry, many people have trouble at this step too. I hear that it's 10 times harder to use these moves effectively in-game. Why? I personally never experienced this myself, so I can't really say. All I can say though, is that there is a time to use every move, and a possible varied use for each move. Half-Half-Step can be used to reload; It can keep momentum up for the time you are reloading, an example of using this would be to give you enough momentum to bunny-hop into an alley for cover, while reloading. K-Style moves are not for just attacking, they can be used defensively too. To truly master this style, you must learn to transform the moves to your own preference.

------------------
V: E-Style
------------------
Euro-Style is, in a way, a style based on how a player would play and think in any other FPS. Euro-Stylers are rarely seen using any K-Style moves, although some may use basic moves such as Butterfly and Wall-Cancels.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This section was written by Tsuteto.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

------------------
V Part A*The Basics*
------------------

Believe it or not, there are many things to an E-Styler than you think. When to dash around and when to roll. When to use your sword and when to use your gun. Also, I tend to think of E-stylers as a very basic form of a Hybrid. Let's start out with the movements.

==================
Rolling
==================
This is mainly used if you are in a fight, or just trying to avoid quickly from someone but don't switch to your sword. This is NOT to be used to get around. The only downfall with rolling is that once you start it, you can't stop. You're pretty vulnerable, like someone who lunges with a dagger. In this sense, you must be aware of your surroundings. You don't want to roll right into a wall, because then you're a sitting duck.

==================
Dashing
==================

Used effectively when you are trying to run, or get somewhere fast. You will most likely be on the ground when this is happening, or if you're in the air, you'll be going around there. Learning to keep the dash moving and not breaking, however, is the main key. If you're over a pit of doom, knowing how close you are to that point of death is essential.

==================
Shooting
==================
This is tricky. For example, if you're sniping someone with revolvers, then you don't want to be holding the mouse button down, yet you would for something like a Rifle. Knowing where your opponent will be is also essential, seeing as you must predict their movements. If you've only got a small window of oppurtunity to shoot someone before they grab health, predicting that moment is key to taking down your enemy.

==================
Grenading
==================

Not something I'm too big on, but still, this can be key. You would not want to waste a grenade on just one person out in the open. Use it when there are groups of people out in the open. Also, these can be essential to root someone out of their hiding spot, or just to damage them if they persist to stay.

------------------
V Part B - Advanced E-Style
------------------

Now comes the fun part. Tactics. Knowing your enemy. Listening to your surroundings. Everything is an advanced part of any style, but most specifically of the E-stylers.

==================
Wall Canceling
==================

A basic move for those K-stylers, yet an advanced part of E-Stylers. In that sense, please refer to earlier in the guide as to how to accomplish this. For a sense of feeling, try moving around on the walls above the pits in Island. Albeit, after you've learned how to do it on a basic wall.

==================
Tactics
==================

This is probably the MOST essential part of playing. You cannot be afraid to use things that are "noobish" and what not. If they're typing, kill them. If they're afk, kill them. If they're coming around the corner, have a massive ready, stun them, then waste them away with your guns. Essentially, be prepared for whatever is coming for you. Grabbing health when you don't need it, and possibly someone on your team needs it, but the enemy also needs it. In that sense, you are 'somewhat' of a freelancer, but it is for the essentials of the team.

==================
The Enemy
==================

You can't go in knowing nothing. If you refer to Recu's part of knowing your enemy, that's good to know. Also, you must know if you're enemy will go around, or if they'll come charging in. Knowing if they have long range and short range is good. You must outwit your opponent, surprising them at every chance.

==================
Sniping
==================

This is probably a harder aspect than it seems. You will have troubles at first most likely, but you may get used to it. Sniping doesn't mean just distance. It also means close range. Predictions upon where your opponent will be within half a second. Recognition of the usual movement they do. Reacting to when they move unexpectedly. Shooting a specific part of their body depending on if they have a sword out or not.

==================
Guarding
==================

Yes, this is advanced. Just rushing into somewhere while guarding will get you killed. Consequentially, guarding the whole time while someone is butterflying you will get you killed. You must raise your guard at the last possible moment, thus knocking your opponent off guard. It doesn't end there. If you've got a stun, turn around 180, stun, turn back, and then SHOOT. Do NOT slash. Using a gun is the most effective thing.

==================
Slashing
==================

You're probably thinking I'm talking about K-Styling with all this sword talk. Believe it or not, E-Stylers must use their sword just about equally as much as they use their gun. Anyways, back to slashing. If you charge an opponent, and they're a K-styler, slashing on the ground is a BAD idea. Instead, jump and slash. This will give you the quick recovery rate to pull out your gun, turn around, and shoot them. If the person is another E-Styler, then slash once while on the ground, then slash once again, and again, and again. If you combo your moves, then that leaves you open for attack. Also, slashing the initial slash only is, in my opinion, faster.

------------------
V Part C - Equipment
------------------

There are too many combinations of weapons, so I will simply go through basic ones, and maybe a few combos.

Revolvers - This is good for distance, as well as, once in awhile, close combat. Packing quite a punch, you should be able to take someone down anywhere from 3-6 shots, depending on where you hit, and how powerful the gun is. Howerver, trying to hit someone who lags is next to impossible with these.

Pistols - These can actually be quite effective. Their rate of fire is fast, and are quite accurate. They can also be used to keep someone in check behind their wall while an ally goes around and gets them from behind. Once again, bad for laggers.

Shotguns - Not one of my faves, but if you can use them right, they're good. They deal more damage than the revolvers, but only if you're close. Pretty good against people who lag too. If you like being in the fight, yet want to do damage, this is the gun for you.

SMGs - These are effective too. You must burst them, not spray them though. With their quick rate of fire, you will be able to soak up someones AP in not time, thus leaving them prey to another weapon of yours, or just your sword. These should not be used in both slots of weapons though, EVER.

Rifles - Highly accurate, and pretty fast. Someone who uses these will most definitely be a sniper. Keep your distance, and shoot away. Pretty good against laggers, and if you can't trace a K-Styler, good for you! Spray.

Rockets - God these are painful. They are effective in combat as well as to root someone out. They are ineffective against people with high armor though, so beware. And laggers should beware. These will most likely hit you.

MGs - These are quite tactical, and highly effective. Use it against groups of people, or in narrow alleys. They pack quite a punch, so use them. They should be good against laggers too.

Rev-Rev - A good distance and close range combo. It's what I use personally. Your enemies will fear you if you keep hitting with these.

Rev-Rifle - A more of a long range combo. Even then, using your rifle to soak up AP so all damage from your revs goes straight to their health. With a 30 or so damage pistol, you can take an enemy down in three shots once you've wiped their AP (and some HP) with your rifle.

SG-Rev - Another power combo. Perfect for those who end up in a close range battle, yet still can snipe.

MG-Rifle - Pick one. You don't need both.

Pistol-Rev - Pistols to quickly hit someone, then finish them off with your Revs. I like, but I'd probably go with Rev-Rev.

SG-SG - I think you'd be better off with just one of them. I doubt you'd need two, unless you're going K-Style. Traitor.

its a lil pretty long but i hope it helped Smile i copyed this! only to help the new players...
Back to top Go down

i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 2/2)
Page 1 of 1