Marlboro GunZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marlboro GunZ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterMGunZLog in
Donation

5€
BUY NOW!

10€
BUY NOW!

Latest topics
» [Dev] Freeware's ( Wvtja's ) Application
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) Emptyby Galaxy Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:17 pm

» [Release] Impossible Chest
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) Emptyby wvtja Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:40 pm

» [Release] Wii controler sword.
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) Emptyby wvtja Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:39 pm

» [Release] Lightsaber.
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) Emptyby wvtja Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:01 pm

» Duelmap v1
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) Emptyby wvtja Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:55 pm

» OneBip and Paypal is open!!!
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) Emptyby guztaw77 Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:08 pm

» GM application
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) Emptyby Galaxy Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:35 pm

» read this u galaxy
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) Emptyby Galaxy Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:29 pm

» gais application
i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) Emptyby Galaxy Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:52 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 106 on Sun May 30, 2021 4:05 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Statistics
We have 58 registered users
The newest registered user is [s]killerZ

Our users have posted a total of 339 messages in 72 subjects

i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skillers
Sergeant
Sergeant
Skillers

Aantal berichten : 55
Leeftijd : 28

i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) Empty
PostSubject: i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2)   i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2) EmptySun May 31, 2009 3:48 pm

-------------------------
I: Introduction

Hey all, recursive here. You may or may not have heard of me, but I am the founder of the clan Failure, and have been an active member in GunZ since the beginning. I'm writing this guide to give new GunZ players and old GunZ players alike to read and learn about the advanced styles and tactics that are widely being used now in the higher levels of GunZ. I've also been requested to write GunZ guides many times, but never really got around to it. This is mainly a product of my boredom, and fetish for training players o_o

II: Styles

In GunZ, you will find 3 Styles of players, "Korean", "Euro", and Hybrid styled players.

========
K-Style
========
You've probably heard of "Korean"-style players or "Slashshooters" somewhere in GunZ. If you haven't, a "Korean"-styled player/"Slashshooter" is a player that:
-Often is seen with a Shotgun/Revolver/Rocket.
-Uses "Korean" moves, such as the slash-shot, half-step, flash-step, wall-cancellations, and the such.
-Rarely seen with automatics.

"Korean"-Style was supposedly introduced by a well-known player by the name or "Korean", or "Kraise". This is how the style got it's name. He was the one who originally kicked off the idea of slashshooting to IGunZ players.

========
E-Style
========
"Euro"-Style players are entirely different than the "Korean"-Style players. They are players that:
-Often is seen with a Revolver/Rifle/MG
-Does not use any of the "Korean" moves, instead they usually dive to get around.

Many people think that "Euro"-style is the lesser of the 2 styles, although this is generally untrue. E-Style simply looks unimpressive compared to the K-Style, but fares very well against K-Styled players if used well.

========
Hybrid
========

Hybrid style is the combination of both fighting styles. A hybrid player excels in both K-Style and E-Style, and this ultimately makes them the most versatile type of player. They can use Shotguns and Rockets as well as they can use Rifles and MGs. They know all the K-Style moves and use them frequently. Hybrid players are rare, anyone who takes the time to learn K-Style will usually use K-Style 100%.

III: Advanced Play Fundamentals
GunZ has fundamentals that every player must be familiarized with before they start playing at the higher levels.

These are just some of the major points that makes a player good:

Physical Stamina - If you are K-Styled, GunZ becomes a very physical game. You'll be averaging 7 keys a second at higher levels of play, which tires many people out very fast. Many K-Styles often overlook their physical limitation and tire out mid-fight.

Knowing your Enemy - By studying the players on the opposite team, you can learn several things about them. You will find out :
-The Armor/Equipment the player is carrying
-The style the player uses
-How fluent he/she is with that style
-The patterns he/she uses
-The ping that that player has (Useful for Leading shots)
After you know a little bit more about your enemy, you can attack in ways that gives you the upper-hand. (Such as aiming at the central point (Where half-step begins and ends) of a K-Styler that half-steps in one direction, getting up close to a E-Styler that uses long range weapons only, Keeping distances from rocket users)

Equipping for the Battle ahead - Fighting rocket users? Pack a long-range weapon. GunZ has a sort of an RPS system of a sort when it comes to weapons, it's important to be able to counter a kind of weapon when it is used.

Keeping Basic Thought in fights - Not SSing near blocking players, Starting combos when someone is block-spamming, fleeing and chasing at the right times)

Fleeing - Running will keep you alive. You should always have an escape plan when entering a fight with another team.

Management of Resources - Keeping your ammo above 0, medding at the right times, also depriving others of the chance to gain Ammo/Health/Armor pickups.

Being an Opportunst - Killing others with their back turned, intruding in on a 1v1 in a TDM, chasing someone who is trying to med, Killing typers, Camping the ammo spawn when an enemy needs it. Even though this seems negative, tactics like this cripples the other team and wins you games.

Playing Smart in Odd Situations - An example of this is when you and an enemy meet in close quarters. You should always be prepared for a meeting like this when running through them, and have a plan of action ready to execute when the time comes necessary.

Adaptation to Circumstance - The change of state of mind when a rush occurs, when a Xv1 occurs, or when you are rushing. The style of your play will change depending on the current circumstance, so the lesser the time taken to adapt to it, the better off you are.

Aiming & Leading Shots - Anyone can pull off a half step perfectly, but can they aim while doing so? I see many slashshooters with terrible aim, mainly because they are solely concentrated on pulling off the combo rather than actually hitting the player. LOOKING IMPRESSIVE IS LESS IMPORTANT THAN WINNING. Remember this =] Leading shots is sadly a factor in GunZ play. Leading shots is when you predict where a player is going to be due to lag. If the player's ping is ~100, you should aim a second ahead. If the players ping is ~50, aim 1/2 seconds agead, you get the idea. An easy way to get around having to lead shots is to line your shot up in a way that the enemy is moving vertical to your character, and not horizontally.

Combo Accuracy & Succession - Being able to pull off advanced combos with a high accuracy rate, and being able to run combos together.

Map Memorization - Once you know where everything is to the point where you don't have to think about it, a map will become very easy to play with. Knowing where to be able to flee too even when faced in the opposite direction is a valuable skill in survival.

Teamwork & Tactics - In Scrims and Clan Wars, you'll be going nowhere without proper teamwork and tactics. Even though one player may be better than all of the rest, he can easily get rushed by the opposite team. You'll have to start working with the team/clan you are with so that you give yourself and eachother the advantage over the opposite team.

Relationships with other players - Often overlooked, depending on the relationship that you have with the opposite player can give you an advantage. You can easily drive fear into an opposite player by saying the right things, or by just achieving a certain level of fame. A battle can be won before it has begun in some kind of sense, if the relationship is right.

IV: K-Style
I personally specialize in K-Style, so the K-Style sections in this guide are going to be very detailed. =]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Note: All the moves in this guide will use the SWORD as the melee weapon.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

------------------
IV Part A: K-Style Basics
------------------

Before starting K-Style, you should familiarize yourself with these basic moves.

==================
Wall-Canceling
==================

To do a Wall-Cancel, Stand perpindicular to a wall. Have melee active. Run at the wall, jump, jump off the wall, slash, dash at the wall, jump off the wall, slash, dash at the wall, jump off the wall, repeat. This is a basic move to keeping yourself in the air.

==================
Multiple-Wall Run
==================
This is a harder move, due to the small angle-of-approach used for a wall-run. I've taken a picture of the proper angle of approach for a wall-run.

As you can see, you can't approach from a large span. So when doing this move, keep this angle in mind.

To do a Multiple Wall-Run, start a Wall run on a wall. When you near the end of the wall/run, jump off, slash, turn 180 degrees, dash at wall, and double-tap space bar. This is a tough move to get down. You can turn this into a continuous wall-run by not doing a 180 degree turn. I've taken replays of both to give you a better understanding of what to do.

Replay: Multiple Wall Run
Continuous Wall-Run
==================
Light Step
==================
This will train your fingers for the half-step and flash-step. It's a pretty useless move, all it does it let you dash twice in midair.

To Light-Step, jump, dash, slash, and dash.

Here's a Replay: Light-Step

==================
Butterfly-Step
==================
A fundamental of swordfighting.

To Butterfly-Step, Jump, Dash, Slash, and Block right after the slash.

Replay:Butterfly Step

==================
The Slash-Shot
==================
Yeah, now you'll learn how to do the famed slash-shot =]

To Slash-Shot, Jump, Dash, Slash(HOLD), Change to a Gun, Gun will shoot.

Replay: SlashShot

------------------
IV Part B: Advanced K-Style
------------------

Now onto the advanced moves, these are what makes a K-Styler so good =]

==================
Half-Step
==================
Once you get this move down, chances are you wont use the Slash-Shot anymore.

To Half-Step: Jump, Dash, Slash(HOLD), Change, Dash(RIGHT AFTER CHANGE), Gun will shoot.

Replay: Half-Step

==================
Eighth-Step
==================
Apparently this is not the half-half, but it sure works hella better.

Another Variation of Half-Step, with 3 Dashes.

To Half-Half Step: Jump, Dash, Slash(HOLD), Change, Dash(RIGHT AFTER CHANGE), Jump, Dash, Gun will shoot.

The timing on this move is very difficult, heres a replay: HalfHalfStep

==================
Flash-Step
==================
A Move that lets you slash twice in one jump. This is a very versatile move.

To Flash-Step: Jump, Slash, Change to gun, Change to melee, Slash

You can switch up this move by throwing in dashes and the such.

Replay or a Flash-Step (With variations thrown in): Flash Step

Replay of a Flash-Step combo (Thanks to JargonJohnny for being the test-dummy): Flash Step Combo

==================
Unblockable Massive
==================
An unblockable massive strike. Simply turn around 180* when you encounter a blocker with a massive strike. They will get hurt by the massive, but they will still be in block mode, so you must aim the feet.

Replay:Unblockable Massive

==================
"Instant-Kill"
==================
The "Instant-Kill" is a move that uses the alternate swing of the sword to do. What you do is knock the enemy in the air, then aim at the apex of the knock, and fire. You can either then take this move separate ways:

Butterfly near landing point -> Knock
Shoot near landing point -> Knock
Knock and repeat.

Replay of an "Instant-Kill": Insta-Kill

==================
Wall-Post
==================
The Wall-Post is a move that I started to use. Basically a Wall-Post is a Half-Step off of a wall instead of the ground.

To Wall-Post: Jump, Dash at wall, Slash(HOLD), Jump, Change, Dash away from wall, Fire

Replay: Wall-Post

==================
Air-Reload
==================
This can only be done in certain points of maps. It's basically sustaining yourself in the air while you reload, so you can keep yourself safe and/or get away at the same time, while reloading your gun.

Replay: Air-Reload

==================
Quickmedding
==================
Quickmedding is a basic skill that allows you to drop meds twice as fast.

YOU MUST HAVE 2 SETS OF MEDS EQUIPPED FOR THIS TO WORK.

To Quickmed, keep running at a wall, ttake out the first set of meds, and drop it (HOLD DROP). Change to second set of meds, it will drop, then change back to first set, it will drop, then change to second set. Do this for how long you need to.

Replay:

==================
Slashmedding
==================
A rarely-used move, but sometimes helpful. It's just like a slashshot, but with a MedKit/RepairKit in the hand. In this move, you hold Fire till you hit the ground, at which the medkit will drop. After this, you should light step over the medkit to ensure you picking the medkit up. Remember that the medkit will drop in the direction you are moving, so make sure to plan your pickup in the way the medkit is going to move to.

Replay: Slashmedding

==================
Stealthjumping
==================

A stealthjump is the best way to move through GunZ without making noise. Tumbling works too, but occasionally makes noises if not done in perfect succession. You can do whatever you want in a stealthjump, and you can't in a tumble, so that's why I prefer stealthjumps.

To stealthjump, just jump and hold right click (Wall-Grab) And keep moving in a direction. You will not make noise when you land.

This is mainly used to just sneak up on people to get a closer shot. As we all know, dashes are the most noticable sound in the game (WHOOOOSH!) So this is the easiest way to suprise someone. =]

==================

--------------------------------
IV Part C: Half Step Variation
--------------------------------
This section is on Half-Step variations. If you have Half-Step down pat, you'll have noticed that you can Half-Step in 10 Variations. I'll be discussing all 10 variations and their purposes.

==================
Left-Right/Right-Left Half-Step
==================
This is the variation that almost everyone that can halfstep will use 100% of the time. Many players do not know there is a problem with the Left-Right variaton, if shoot is held after the change, your bullets will shoot from an awkward angle, making your shot inaccurate. This can be seen by LR-Half-Stepping from a corner.

Anyways, The use of the LR/RL Half-Step is to stun your target in the first dash, then come back on the second dash with a shotgun/revolver hit. The automatic timing on the shot is almost perfect to the point where you dont need to move your mouse to hit the enemy with the shot.

Another use of the LR/RL Half-Step is to dodge a rocket/bullets/juke the enemy.

It can also be used to multiple-wall-post. A great use of this would be in town, in the alleys. One of my strategies is to constantly wall-post off of the walls in the alleys, everything is MUCH harder to hit in the air. Just hitting a person wall-cancelling constantly is very hard, so half-stepping off of walls in town should prove to be a lot harder =]

==================
Left-Up/Left-Down/Right-Up/Right-Down Half-Step
==================

These 4 Variations are generally used in getting around corners, and setting up perpindicular shots.

Using a forward dash on the second dash GREATLY decreases distance between you and an enemy, even though it may not look like it. It also keeps your Intertia up, making the shotgun shot more concentrated, and it allows you to Circle-Strafe-Hop at a very fast pace.

Using a backward dash on the second dash is generally used in an escape around a corner, although my general use is to get around block-whores. It gives you enough distance between the two that the massive they are going to throw right after you perform this move will just miss you, and you will have a free shot on them (Aim for the legs =] )

A backward dash on the second dash will increase SG spread, so make sure you aren't trying to hit to win when using this.

==================
Rush Step (Up-Up)
Back to top Go down

i hope this guide will help new players :) ( part 1/2)
Page 1 of 1